Monday, January 28, 2013

Not so Bummed after all!

Well. today was a learning curve kind of day for me. I weighed myself this morning as I do every Monday morning, and I hadn't lost a single pound! Needless to say, I was pretty devastated. I had worked my butt off (literally) five days last week, and I have been very consistent with my eating plan. So, for a few hours today (including when I once again did my Zumba), I was feeling really down.

My husband reminded me that muscle weighs more than fat, and that helped a little - considering I had added strength training to my exercise routine last week. I wrote to my brother (who is in incredible shape) and told him about how my weigh-in went.

He brought up two great points. One, go for body fat percentage (BMI) loss over pounds lost (because muscle weighs more than fat). Two, it is better to lose weight gradually for your skin to keep it's elasticity.

Awesome! I only wish I would have read his message earlier in the day...it would have saved a lot of "boo hoo ing" in my mind today.

BUT I was faithful to my eating plan and exercise routine.

Yes, even in despair, I kicked my own booty...

This is my year. I will see results.

No comments:

Post a Comment