Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Gratitude- A Brief Update

I have to say that this year has been one of the best years for my personal growth. I am so grateful for the work God has done in my life and in the life of my family.

My husband finished his contract with the U.S. Army and has since started his own business. This has changed the way our family interacts, and we have been able to see him everyday.

Mike and I have been blessed to lead a Connect Group in our Sunday School Class. Our group consists of like minded people who come together and fellowship with their families. Each family in our group has been such a blessing to us.

Recently, I was blessed to be in a Ladies' Bible Study on Gideon, and it transformed the way I see "weakness." I have struggled over the past five years with feelings of inadequacy, fear, and self-doubt, but through that study of Gideon, I have learned that God uses our weakness for His glory. Our weakness is His strength. Wow! How freeing is that? I can be used by God even in my weak state.

Today, our daughter, Emma, will finish her last day of public school. We have prayerfully ventured into the homeschool world and we are ecstatic about the endless possibilities that we have in being involved in Emma's education.

Mike and I will be celebrating a decade of marriage on December 5!

Finally, the holidays are upon us, and we will be traveling to see family and friends. I am so grateful to The Lord for what He has allowed us to do so far this year.

More on our lives....later!

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment