Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our own terms

I often look at this blog and think, gee, I should post something on there. I feel really motivated and then...I think...oh, that's right...someone will read it...and judge me.

Kinda seems funny. Me...the girl who has rarely cared what someone says to me is now this "I'll hear about it later" thinker.

It's true though. Once you begin opening up, people start judging. I get very tired of it.

Especially about this upcoming deployment. Everyone knows how to get through it. Everyone has advice. Problem is, no one is in my shoes or those of my husband's. No one knows our connection, our relationship. Funny, I thought that I would meet someone who is like me one day...have yet to find that "best friend". Quite frankly, my husband is my best friend. Yep, I know, everyone says that, but we are for real. We would rather be together than with anyone else. We are each other's sounding boards. We are the first people we think of to call when something good or bad happens when we are apart. Interesting, and quite funny...we are unique. I love that. I love us.

I just talked to a woman who is actually happy that her husband is leaving because he annoys her...wow, that is harsh.

I had an advice giver say that I needed to find my own life without my husband. Hmmm...maybe you didn't hear me...I'm married. :) I don't want a different life from my husband; so, needless to say, I am sifting through "advice" and using only what works for me and not conforming to anyone else's life.

We are overwhelmed with emotion right now. It's rough. We will get through this, but it will be our own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment