Monday, April 26, 2010

This is so overdue, It's pathetic!

Ha! Keeping up with a blog is alot more work than I ever imagined. Not an easy task for sure...

My son, Jensen Micheal, was born 18 days ago. Incredibly, we (Emma, Jensen and I ) have gone without our Daddy and my Husband for 12 days. That is the longest separation that Mike and I have had in over six years. We are missing him terribly, but we are becoming stronger as a temporarily no daddy family. I am hating it though. I struggle with tears on a daily basis, but I at least got to talk to him yesterday. He was allowed 10 minutes on the phone (his platoon got 10 minutes instead of the usual 3 minutes because they are the best in the company... Cool!)

He plans to graduate from Basic training on July 2nd. He should get a family day on the 1st and I'm looking forward to that day with every fiber of my being.

More soon when I have more time. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you. I've never been in your situation, but being a "single parent" for 1 week was hard for me. I take my hat off to you. Love the new pictures on the blog.

    ReplyDelete