Friday, April 30, 2010

Goodbye April, Hello May!

I'm not one for rushing a month to go by. I'm not one who wants things to go faster, for the minutes we have seem to go too quickly already. However, I am delighted to welcome May into my life. It's one month closer to seeing my husband again. In 61 days, hopefully, I'll be engulfed in his arms once again.
This only makes me treasure the fact that he's alive and well all the more. I think now to soldiers wives and families who won't see their loved ones on this earth again. I am grateful that my soldier is doing well and with the exception of some sores, that he is healthy and happy.
The end of April also brings the reminder that my son has been on earth for 22 days. I am enjoying every minute of my time with him. All these newborn moments will be gone soon, and though I can't wait for July 1st to come, I am content to hold my children in my arms and enjoy every single minute that we're together.
Odd how this hard time in my life has taught me to slow down and relish the simple things that matter most. Pushing my daughter on a swing, brings contentment that I never knew before. Swaddling my son in a blanket reminds me that I'm in my Father's arms. The little things that get pushed aside for bigger problems really are the source of comfort that I crave.
I am appreciative of the moments that I have been given. There's a song on Meet the Robinson's (Disney movie) that says it best..."Let it Go, Let it it roll right off your shoulder. Don't you know, the hardest part is over. Let it in. Let your clarity define you in the end. You will only just remember how this feels.
Our lives are made with these small hours, these little wonders...." I'm sure that some of the words in the song are different than that, but that's what I hear, anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment