Monday, March 10, 2014

Dreaming of Ice Cream

In case you didn't know, Mike and I are opening an ice cream shop. It has been very scary and yet exciting during the planning and now in the construction phase of this process. I have had emotional shifts from being thrilled to doubtful all in the same day. I guess that's what previous failure will do to you. BUT, I am giving it my all.



                                                          So, here it is. Our shop!


Have you ever had that constant feeling of self doubt that can plague you when you're taking on a new challenge? I struggle with the sense of "I've tried this before and I failed miserably"on a daily basis. My challenge through this store opening is not selling ice cream, but it is overcoming myself to become a better, more hopeful person.


Two different types...

The wonderful man I married often gets "restless" when he doesn't have a huge project looming before him. He loves to challenge the "normal" and push boundaries of what can and can't be done. I on the other hand, love the mundane. I thrive on a well balanced schedule; he thrives on chaos.  I have gone from being a sounding board for his ideas to a partner in "our" endeavor. I would listen to his dream from the night before of ice cream shop ideas to now having my own dreams of what the shop could look like and what we could accomplish down the road. This shop has forced us to work together and to communicate better which makes our lives flourish as never before.


Here is the man of the hour…taking down the old sign.


So, here's to ice cream and to HOPE. 








No comments:

Post a Comment