Thursday, May 3, 2012

Something Wonderful

Often, as a mom, I question whether my choice to stay home and raise our kids was worth the emotional turmoil that goes on in my own head. Sometimes, I think about the "what if's" in my life. What if I had
done my college years differently? What if I had a great job somewhere? What if? What if? Then something wonderful happens. Through the noise of kids arguing and my own doubts running crazy in my head, I hear my two year old son yell, "MOMMM!" Yep, that's all it takes. I am a mom. The little moments of sweetness that fill my life would not be possible if I worked in a skyscraper somewhere. The flowers (i.e. weeds) that my son brings me would not collect in a cup by the sink if I had done life differently. My four year old daughter who still struggles with being a "big girl" and not a "little tiny mommy's baby" makes me smile when she cheerily sings "Jingle Bells" in the shower...in April. Those little moments collect and blossom into...something wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment