Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"We have educated ourselves into idiocy"

I heard someone say this and I honestly wondered if this is even possible.

I was kind of shocked to hear this statement from someone who is near and dear to me. They are against accredited college education and vpk.

This especially struck me because I'm currently in the process of signing up for a college education that is accredited because my "college degree" that I have already is worth nothing in the "real world".

Mostly this blog is for some opinions. I don't know if anyone even sees this, but I thought it was worth a shot.

Oh, and by the way, when someone tells you what they want to do in life...don't laugh. Especially if you're their parent.

1 comment:

  1. A valid degree is always a plus to have... and an essential building block... You never know where you will go or actually who you will be in 20 years, so when your desires and interests change it is to your advantage to have a degree that you can build on to suit the new life and interests that are developing within you. It is really depressing to be told you have nothing and to find out you are starting at square one! But you, Marlie, have determination and if you need to start over or want to... YOU can do it and there is no better time! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete